They’re the subjects of 2009’s most-often downloaded books from pirate sites.
10 most pirated books of 2009:
1. Kama Sutra
2. Photoshop Secrets
3. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Amazing Sex
4. The Lost Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci
5. Solar House: A Guide for the Solar Designer
6. Before Pornography: Erotic Writing In Early Modern England
7. Twilight: Complete Series
8. How To Get Anyone To Say YES: The Science Of Influence
9. Nude Photography: The Art And The Craft
10. Fix It: How To Do All Those Little Repair Jobs Around The Home
Hmm. I’m getting a more complete picture of the average downloader. They’re sex-obsessed photographers who need help with their little home repair projects.
And over at the blogsite “Alien Romances”, there’s a thought-provoking blogpost about the demographics of e-book thieves, and why this is particularly bad news for science fiction writers. No surprise, the downloaders tend to skew young and male.